Safety Net InlandNW is 100% funded and supported by our community.
Safety Net does not receive financial help from any government funded programs. We are solely funded by individuals, businesses, and groups who believe in our kids. With the help of supporters like you, no request is too big or “outside” our scope. We meet kids where they are at with what they need to succeed.
As foster youth age out, they need the same basic things everyone needs when they move out on their own. Safety Net has two warehouses; one in Spokane, WA and one in Post Falls, ID filled with new and gently used household items so that foster alumni can “shop” to furnish their first apartment. It’s quite rewarding to watch them pick out things that turn a cold, empty apartment into their first home. We are always in need of the following items:
Furniture Items: SMALL: loveseats, dressers, desks, coffee tables, end tables, TV stands, bookcases, dining table/chair sets (4).
Kitchen items: Pots and pans sets, dish sets, silverware, cooking utensils, glasses, small new/gently used kitchen appliances, baking items, cookie sheets, glassware, food storage containers.
Cleaning supplies: Toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning products, small garbage bags, mops, broom & dust pan sets, garbage cans, laundry baskets, and vacuums.
Other: Laundry soap, new bath and kitchen towels, new full size bedding sets, new full size sheets, and blankets, small tool sets, first aid kits, lightbulbs, batteries, gift cards for grocery shopping, fast food gift cards and bus passes.
Looking for a way to get a group involved?
Host a donation drive benefitting Safety Net!
- We accept new or gently used household items.
- We accept small desks, desk chairs, and dressers.
- We accept new or gently used kitchen items; these need to be in new or gently used condition; no rust, wear, scratches, or stains.
- We accept new or gently used kitchen appliances.
- We accept love seats, small size couches/futons, chairs, small dinette sets (4).
- We cannot accept used mattresses or linens; no bedding, towels, blankets, etc.
- We cannot accept any large furniture items; No Hide-a-beds, hutches, large dinette sets, large bedroom sets etc.
- We cannot accept china or holiday dish sets
- We cannot accept stereo systems or older used TVs
- We cannot accept used office furniture
- We cannot accept clothing
Sponsor A Child
If you or your company are looking for other ways to donate or get involved in Safety Net, a wonderful alternative is sponsoring a child.
For example, Insight, a cutting-edge IT company, decided they wanted to be involved beyond just donating money. They decided to set up a scholarship program that provides all the technology and software a student will need to continue their education in a field related to computers or technology.
Or if you or your company wants to focus on the needs of just one specific child, there’s a sponsorship option that allows you to provides assistance for just that youth. If our cause resonates with you, and you want to share some ideas regarding how you would like to contribute, please give us a call or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Ways to Help
Invite us to speak to your group!
Use AmazonSmile and make Safety Net Spokane your organization of choice.
Host an info night or donation drive!